San Mateo County Health System Communicable Disease Control
San Mateo County Health System's Communicable Disease Control Program works closely with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), San Mateo County providers, school officials, community members, and private organizations to protect the health of our residents and visitors.
Hotline for Health Care Providers: 650-573-2346.
After hours hotline for Health Care Providers (emergencies only): call 650-363-4981 for on-call Health Officer
Email: (for general enquiries only): PH_CDControlUnit@smcgov.org
CalREDIE (Web-based reporting)
Communicable Disease Reporting
Medical providers and public health professionals are legally required by Title 17 (Section 2500) of the California Code of Regulations to report suspected, lab-confirmed and clinical diagnoses of specific diseases and conditions within specified time frames.
- San Mateo County Public Health Reporting Guidelines
- List of legally reportable diseases and conditions (section 2500)
- Laboratory Reporting List (Section 2505)
Confidential Morbidity Report (CMR) Forms
- Communicable Diseases/ Sexually Transmitted Diseases (CD/STD CMR)
- Tuberculosis (TB CMR)
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV CMR)
- Animal Bite Report Form
STD/HIV/AIDS Alerts, Reports, Data and Surveillance
- San Mateo County STD Control Quarterly Reports
- HIV Positive Resources for Healthcare Providers
- STD/HIV Treatment and Reporting